Seminars & Study
Seminars & Study – For Teachers
This area contains the latest Society of Russian Ballet Annual Seminar updates, including hotel and travel information, schedules and registration forms. We also include seminars offered by organizations and schools that may be of particular interest to our teachers and their students.
Seminar 2021 – Online Summer & Fall
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Seminar 2021 will be online through a series of two free webinars in the Summer and Fall and will also be available for viewing on our YouTube Channel. See below for dates, times, and general content information. Non-members of the Society are welcome to view any of the two webinars. Please contact the Society’s office to register for webinar and annual general meeting links.
Members should note that a listing of the latest document and syllabus updates can be found on the Member News page.
Webinar Dates, Topics & Video Links:
Wednesday, Aug. 25th 12:00-2:00PM (Eastern)
- Introduction with Jane Pound
- Discussion of live digital examinations with Leica Hardy
- Gender Identity & Its Relationship to Dance with Jessica Pardy
- The Society of Russian Ballet’s Gender Equity Statement & Examination Policy with Jane Pound
- “May Include” Optional Steps for Levels 5-8 with Denise Vitali, Leica Hardy & Jane Pound
- Discussion: Effective Use of Connecting & Auxiliary Steps for Levels 5-8 with the Examining Committee led by Jane Pound. The article summarizing this discussion may be found in Articles & Recommended Reading. Contact the Society’s office for the current password.
The video for this webinar may be viewed on the Society’s YouTube Channel.
Wednesday, Oct. 6th 12:00-2:00PM (Eastern)
- Meet & Greet with Jane Pound
- Male Technique & Styling with Tim Tompkins
- “May Include” Optional Steps for Pre-Elementary to Advanced with Denise Vitali & Merle Adam
- Discussion: Effective Use of Connecting & Auxiliary Steps for Pre-Elementary to Advanced with the Examining Committee led by Jane Pound
- Syllabus/Curriculum Question & Answer – Please enter your questions in the Zoom chat during the webinar.
The video for this webinar may be found here.
Seminars & Study – For Dancers
This area contains information about courses and workshops. Listings for syllabus and non-syllabus courses with a strong focus on ballet instruction are welcome. Listings will be published at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Contact the Society’s office to submit your listing.
Children who begin to study at the start do exercises at the barre and in the centre only in dry form without any variations. Variations in time signature avoid monotony. – Agrippina Vaganova from Basic Principles of Classical Ballet p. 11