This level of membership is for Associate members of the Society who wish to enter students for examinations at the Advanced Level and further their personal knowledge of ballet history, theory and pedagogy as it applies to the Russian method.
Intermediate Teacher Examination Requirements:
- Applicants must be Associate Members with the Society of Russian Ballet and have successfully entered students at the Intermediate Level
- Applicants must submit the Teacher’s Examination Request Form
- Examination fee payable six weeks prior to topic submission date
Intermediate Teacher Examination Procedure:
- One examiner required
- The examination consists of a written theory paper of 2500-4000 words based upon one of three topics submitted to the candidate by the examiner. The theory paper is due six weeks from the date of topic submission. Theory papers will become part of a theoretical library of the Society of Russian Ballet for member use only. Re-publication of the theory paper, in part or whole, is subject to the written approval by the author
Intermediate Teacher Rights, Privileges & Requirements:
- Once Intermediate Teacher membership is granted the teacher may present students for examination up to and including Advanced
- Intermediate Teachers may use the SRB Int. accreditation after their names and the Society’s logo in documents & advertising materials
- Intermediate Teachers become inactive after two years of without examinations. Active status may be regained after submitting students into exams
- All rights and privileges with the Society will be revoked when a member fails to remit their annual membership fees
Please contact the Society’s office for further information about becoming an Intermediate Teacher with the Society of Russian Ballet.
Combinations are allowed, but they should be gone into very carefully…….Intermediate Grades must form the great power which the dance needs. – Agrippina Vaganova from Basic Principles of Classical Ballet page 15