Teacher’s Examinations & Membership
A teacher must have been certified by the Society in order to submit student candidates for examinations. Student Teacher-in-Training, Affiliate and Associate candidates must purchase the appropriate syllabus prior to taking their certification examination. Once certification and membership is obtained syllabus updates are provided to teachers free of charge.
Levels of teacher examination and certification include:
- Affiliate Teacher—two-year introductory membership for practicing teachers who have not taken examinations with the Society as dancers
- Student Teacher-in-Training—for the young aspiring teacher who holds their Pre-Elementary certificate
- Associate Teacher—Affiliate Teacher certificate or Elementary certificate required
- Intermediate Teacher—Associate Teacher certificate required
- Advanced Teacher—Intermediate Teacher certificate required
The Society of Russian Ballet was founded in Canada in 1975 to preserve and promote Russian styled training in classical ballet. In the formative years the Society operated as a branch of The Society for Russian Style Ballet Schools, with its headquarters in England. In 1980, to serve the needs of Canadian teachers, students and dancers more effectively, the Canadian branch became the independent society we know today.