Seminars & Study
Seminars & Study – For Teachers
This area contains the latest Society of Russian Ballet Annual Seminar updates, including hotel and travel information, schedules and registration forms. We also include seminars offered by organizations and schools that may be of particular interest to our teachers and their students.
Seminar 2019 – Tuesday, Aug. 20 & Wednesday, Aug. 21
Hold the dates! Here is the preliminary information about our Annual Seminar for teachers. Schedule and registration forms will be posted soon. Non-members of the Society are welcome to attend.
Seminar Information & Registration
- Dates: Tuesday, Aug. 20 & Wed. Aug. 21, 2019
- Location: Front & Centre Dance Academy, 1200 Castlefield Ave., Toronto, ON, M6B 1G1
- Map: Front & Centre Dance Academy
- Registration Form: TBA
- Schedule: TBA
Meet & Greet Information
- Location: Manulife Centre, 55 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON, M4W 1A6 (Room TBA)
- Map: Manulife Centre
Accommodation & Travel
- Accommodation Suggestions: TBA
- Travel & Transit:
- From Airport to Downtown via Union Pearson Express Train
- From Airport to Downtown via Toronto Transit Airport Express
- From Airport to Downtown – Taxis, Uber & Lyft car share are all available from Pearson Airport
- Toronto Transit to Studio – take Dufferin Bus to Dufferin & Castlefield, walk west on Castlefield
- Toronto Transit to Manulife Centre – closest subway station is Bay Station on Bloor Line
Contact the Society’s Manager for further information.
Seminars & Study – For Dancers
This area contains information about courses and workshops. Listings for syllabus and non-syllabus courses with a strong focus on ballet instruction are welcome. Listings will be published at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Contact the Society’s Manager to submit your listing.
The Society of Russian Ballet presents the Nesta Toumine Memorial Award annually to students that display outstanding technical merit and exceptional artistic development in the Vaganova style. Members of the Society’s Examining Committee, following the annual examination season, put the names of potential recipients forward for consideration.