This level of membership is for Associate members of the Society who wish to enter students for examinations at the Advanced Level and further their personal knowledge of ballet history, theory and pedagogy as it applies to the Russian method.
Intermediate Teacher Requirements:
- Applicants must be Associate Teachers and have successfully entered students at the Intermediate Level
- Applicants must submit the Teacher’s Exam Application form
- Examination fee $350.00 payable six weeks prior to topic submission date
- One examiner required
- The examination consists of a written theory paper of 2500-4000 words based upon one of three topics submittsed to the candidate by the examiner. The theory paper is due six weeks from the date of topic submission. Theory papers will become part of a theoretical library of the Society of Russian Ballet for member use only. Re-publication of the theory paper, in part or whole, is subject to the written approval by the author
- Once Intermediate Teacher membership is granted the teacher may present students for examination up to and including Advanced
- Intermediate Teachers may use the S.R.B. INT. accreditation after their names and the Society’s logo in documents & advertising materials
- Annual Membership fees: Active $150.00, Non-Active $200.00
- Intermediate Teachers become inactive after two years of without examinations. Active status may be regained after submitting students into exams
- All rights and privileges with the Society will be revoked when a member fails to remit their annual membership fees
The Society of Russian Ballet was founded in Canada in 1975 to preserve and promote Russian styled training in classical ballet. In the formative years the Society operated as a branch of The Society for Russian Style Ballet Schools, with its headquarters in England. In 1980, to serve the needs of Canadian teachers, students and dancers more effectively, the Canadian branch became the independent society we know today.