Examination comments, certificates, marks and medals (for Levels Primary to Four) are given to the teacher at the conclusion of their examination session. Certificates will show the mark candidates have achieved. Unsuccessful candidates will only receive their comment sheet, if that option was chosen by the teacher.
The Examiner marks students based on the following criteria:
- The student has a clear understanding of technical requirements.
- The styling & musicality is appropriate for the Level shown.
- The student is working independently and not reliant upon the other candidates for memorisation of exercises.
- All aspects of physical training are progressing in unison.
- The student displays professional conduct. Behaviour must be well disciplined, exercising examination protocol.
- The student is well groomed.
Examination marks will appear on the Certificates as follows:
Ballet is a complex and technically challenging art form. Sending your child to a qualified ballet teacher is important to their health and safety. Our members are provided with opportunities for professional development that incorporates up to date information and scientific practices in kinesiology and dance pedagogy. Our syllabus has been carefully developed to ensure a steady, careful technical and artistic progression from one level to the next.