A unique feature to the Society is Affiliate Teacher membership. This is a two-year introductory membership for practicing teachers who have not taken examinations with the Society as student dancers. Drawing upon previous teaching experience, Affiliate members are given two years to familiarize themselves with our syllabus and styling, and to successfully enter students for examinations.
- 18+ years old with previous ballet teaching experience
- Applicants must submit the Teacher’s Exam Application form with two copies of their resumé
- Initial interview fee is non-refundable – $200.00 payable six weeks prior to interview date
- Two examiners required (may be 1 in person, the other on speaker phone)
- Examination consists of a 45 min. interview to ascertain the applicant’s general knowledge of ballet technique
- Once Affiliate membership is granted the Affiliate has a 3-year grace period to successfully enter students for examination up to and including the Elementary Level and to acquire their associate teacher certification
- Affiliate Teachers may use the S.R.B. AFF. accreditation after their names and the Society’s logo in documents and advertising materials for the three-year grace period prior to attaining Associate membership
- Affiliate Member annual membership fee: $150.00
- All rights and privileges with the Society will be revoked when a member fails to remit their annual membership fees
The Society of Russian Ballet was founded in Canada in 1975 to preserve and promote Russian styled training in classical ballet. In the formative years the Society operated as a branch of The Society for Russian Style Ballet Schools, with its headquarters in England. In 1980, to serve the needs of Canadian teachers, students and dancers more effectively, the Canadian branch became the independent society we know today.